The Teen Services Department of the Florence County Library will be hosting Summer Reading programs at Florence, Johnsonville, Lake City, and Pamplico, branches this summer for rising 6th through 12th graders. The theme for this year’s Summer Reading is “Libraries Rock.” Programs have been planned to support this theme.
Programs at the branches are as follows:
Pamplico Library (Mondays at 3:00)
(Sponsored by the Friends of Pamplico Public Library)
- June 11-Movie
- June 18-Recycled CDs
- June 25-Glass Rock Magnets
- July 9- Movie
Contact 843-493-5441 to register or for questions.
Johnsonville Library (Wednesdays at 2:00)
(Sponsored by the Friends of Johnsonville Public Library)
- June 6- Minute to Win It Challenge
- June 13-Game-a-palooza
- June 20-Movie
- June 27-Escape Room *Registration is limited and required*
- July 4- Closed
- July 11- Wii Dance and Pizza Party
Contact 843-386-2052 to register or for questions.
Lake City Library (Thursdays at 12:00)
(Sponsored by the Friends of Lake City Public Library)
- June 14-Zumba with Strickland Fitness
- June 21-Flower Pot Instruments with Moore Botanical Gardens
- June 28-Self Defense Class with Strickland Boxing
- July 5- Movie
- July 12-Pizza Party *by invitation only*
Contact 843-394-8071 to register or for questions.
Florence County Library (Thursdays at 3:30)
(Sponsored by ACS Technologies, Advanced Dental Center, Allstate Insurance (Andy Jeffords), Blue Cross Blue Shield, Duke Energy Foundation, Friends of Florence County Library, Ideal Funeral Parlor Inc., Jebaily Law Firm, Jerry’s Air Conditioning and Heating, Koppers, Dr. Stephen McKay, Drs. Moss and Sang, Nan Ya Plastics, Nationwide: Hodge Ethridge Insurance and Finance LLC, Orthodontic Specialist Dr. Arazie, Palmetto First Federal Credit Union, Parham Law Firm LLC, Mike Reichenbach Volkswagen/Ford, Ruiz Foods, the South Carolina State Library & Institute of Museum and Library Service, Springhill Suites by Marriott, Jim Stewart ( State Farm), Toledo Carolina Inc., and Willcox, Buyck & Williams, P. A.)
- June 7 (2:00-4:00) Hang Out with Fisher and Mattie from 103X
- June 11 (Monday, 6:00pm-7:00pm) Workshop with Porkchop Productions *Registration is limited and required *
- June 14 (2:00-4:00) Gaming Day with the Florence RedWolves
- June 21 Hip Hop Workshop with Scooter Hayes
- June 28 (2:00-3:00 & 3:30-4:30) Escape Room *Registration is limited and required. May only register for 1 time*
- July 5 Movie
- July 12 Create Your Own Album Cover
Movies will be shown to rising 6th through 12th graders on Tuesdays at 2:00 pm at the Florence County Library on June 12, June 19, June 26, July 3, and July 10. Movies are rated PG-13.
Contact 843-292-7382 to register or for questions.