The Teen Services Department of the Florence County Library will be hosting Summer Reading programs at Florence, Johnsonville, Lake City, and Pamplico branches this summer for rising 6th through 12th graders. The theme for this year’s Summer Reading is “Universe of Stories.” Programs have been planned to support this theme.
Programs at the branches are as follows:
Pamplico Library (Mondays at 3:00 p.m)
(Funded by the Friends of Pamplico Public Library)
- June 10 – Escape Room
- June 17 – Space U. with Dr. Jeannette Myers (FMU/Dooley Planetarium)
- June 24 – Craft
- July 8 – Craft
Contact 843-493-5441 to register or for questions.
Johnsonville Library (Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m)
(Funded by the Friends of Johnsonville Public Library)
- June 5 – Pixel Art
- June 12 – Shrinky Dinks and More
- June 19 – Minute to Win It Games: Space Edition
- June 26 – Space U. with Dr. Jeannette Myers (FMU/Dooley Planetarium)
- July 3 – Paint Party
- July 10 – Escape Room
Contact 843-386-2052 to register or for questions.
Lake City Library (Thursdays at 12:00 p.m)
(Funded by the Friends of Lake City Public Library)
- June 6 – Space U. with Dr. Jeannette Myers (FMU/Dooley Planetarium)
- June 13 – Faith Truesdale with Clemson Extension
- June 20 – Movie
- June 27 – Kelley Meeker with Moore Botanical Gardens
- July 4 CLOSED
- July 11 – Pizza Party *by invitation only*
Contact 843-394-8071 to register or for questions.
Florence County Library (Thursdays)
(Funded by American Trophy Company, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Betsy Enzor (State Farm), FBi Construction, First Bank, Friends of Florence County Library, Ideal Funeral Parlor, Inc., Jebaily Law Firm, Koppers, Dr. David Moss, Nan Ya Plastics, Nationwide: Hodge Ethridge Insurance and Finance LLC, Parham Law Firm LLC, the South Carolina State Library & Institute of Museum and Library Service, Stifel, Nicolaus & Company, Inc., Toledo Carolina, Inc., and Willcox, Buyck & Williams, P. A.)
- June 6 (1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.) Game Day with Florence RedWolves
- June 10 (Monday, 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.) Workshop with Porkchop Productions *Registration is limited and required *
- June 13 (2:00 p.m -4:00 p.m) Fisher & Mattie of 103X
- June 20 (3:30 p.m -4:30 p.m) Celestial Stories with Jessica Willis
- June 27 (2:00 p.m -3:00 p.m & 3:30 p.m -4:30 p.m) Escape Room *Registration is limited and required. May only register for 1 time*
- July 4 CLOSED
- July 11 (3:30 p.m -4:30 p.m) Star Sign Craft
Movies will be shown to rising 6th through 12th graders on Tuesdays at 2:00 p.m. at the Florence County Library on June 11, June 18, June 25, July 2, and July 9. Movies are rated PG-13.
Teens Create is open to rising 7th through 12th graders. Programs are on June 11 and July 9 from 6:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.
Contact 843-292-7382 to register or for questions.