Florence County Library System Bookmobile Mission Statement:
The mission of the Florence County Library System Bookmobile is to provide information services, reading materials and resources to children who are unable to use other libraries due to geographic, transportation, economic or other barriers. The primary function of the bookmobile is to:
- Promote literacy and a lifelong desire to read
- Present children’s programs and storytelling
- Introduce readers to library services
- Generate a positive image of the library by being visible to the entire community
- Bookmobile will serve daycares, afterschool groups, boys and girls clubs, and private schools with 13 + children.
- Stops must circulate books. Each child can check out at least one book or a daycare provider/teacher can check out books on an institutional card. Stops may be dropped for not circulating materials.
- If computer is down, circulation is limited 3 items per library card.
- Limit of 5 patrons on bookmobile at one time.
- Fridays are make-up days (at the discretion of the driver).
- No service on holidays or due to maintenance issues.
- Books will have a 6 week circulation period then fines will be charged.
- Damaged/Lost materials must be paid for before checking out additional materials.
- Daycare providers/teachers will verify birth certificate for child library cards. Bookmobile staff verifies adult identification for library cards.
- Patrons can check out 15 items; 3 items the first time.
- Books can be renewed on the bookmobile one time.
- Requested material may not be renewed.
- Privileges will be suspended on cards with a fine of more than $2.00.
- Must have library card to check out materials.
- Bookmobile materials can be returned to any branch library.
Cancellation Policy: Call 24 hours before stop to cancel or before 9:00 a.m. morning of stop. Stops that do not call will be dropped from service after one cancellation.
Institutional Card Policy:
Institutional Cards: Use only on bookmobile, daycare director is responsible for damaged/lost books/overdue fines. Daycare director must sign for the card. Limit 50 books. Renew books one time. Fines will be charged after 6 week circulation or one renewal.
Call 843-292-7382 to schedule a bookmobile stop