Florence County Library System
Approved by the Board of Trustees May 7, 2018
The purpose of the South Carolina Room policy is to maximize patron access to the collection while taking necessary steps to preserve and organize its materials.
The E. N. Zeigler South Carolina History Room contains items of local, regional, or state interest. South Carolina Room materials are chosen according to the library’s Collection Development Policy. Donations of antique objects or other artifacts may not be accepted, due to the collection’s limited space and specialized scope.
Usage guidelines : Because most items in this collection are rare, out-of-print, or otherwise unique, patrons of the South Carolina Room (SCR) are asked to observe the following:
- The SCR collection is for reference use; materials cannot be checked out. Materials may be photocopied or scanned inside the SCR.
- Personal bags should be stored at the front of the room or with a SCR staff member.
- SCR staff will re-shelve all materials used by patrons.
- As with the rest of the library, no food or drinks are allowed in the SCR and conversation should be non-disruptive.
- SCR staff will attempt to assist patrons by phone, mail, or email if they are unable to visit the library and need materials from the collection.